WebM video files play directly in your web browser using a new technology called HTML5. No plug-ins are required, but you must install a web browser that supports WebM files. See the instructions below in „How to Play WebM Videos.“
What’s Great About WebM
- Very high quality video
- Great video playback performance, even on older computers
- 100% free and open to everyone
- Supported on popular video sites like YouTube
How to Play WebM Video
Playing on YouTube
- Download and install a supported browser (listed below).
- Start the newly installed browser.
- Go to www.youtube.com/html5 and enroll in the YouTube HTML5 experiment.
- Search for a video by keyword. For example, trailers.
- Once your search results are returned, click the Filter link and choose webm to limit the search results to WebM-format videos.
Supported Web Browsers
- Mozilla Firefox 4 and later
- Opera 10.60 and later
- Google Chrome 6 and later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and later (requires WebM MF components)
Other Media Players and Components
Ask and answer questions on the webm-discuss list.
Most important questions and answers about WebM.